I'm ready for a nap now. Wake me up next month?
Here are just a few of the things I learned:
- Politics in academia are everywhere - even across the pond. Why why why no sense of humor? I just don't understand this.
- Stopping work for a cup of tea at 11 o'clock every morning tastes and feels heavenly
- There is nothing louder than the shriek of a 15 year old girl trying to impress her friends. Oy.
- Silver haired geography teachers in corduroy blazers are cuuuuuute.
- The three words that people continually associate with Chicago are "gangsters," "snow" and "guns".
- Teachers should make no less than a six-figure income. (I always knew this to be true, but observing some of the things I did on this placement just cemented this fact. The amount of work they do is astounding, as well as the barriers they continually have to climb over every day)
- Acne is caused by stress and lack of sleep. Not chocolate or french fries. (Hello, first breakout since I moved here six months ago)
- Old souls come in all shapes and sizes
- Being up early enough to see the dawn come is cool every now and then because you get to see scenes like this: